Last modified on October 25, 2017.
IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT CUSTOMER DATA COLLECTION: We may use third party technology companies to collect data such as the IP address, user agent and other device level pseudonymous information when you use our application. These companies may use information about your visits to our applications in order to recognize devices, understand traffic patterns, accurately count visits to the application and recognize and reduce fraud. Please keep in mind that your application settings may not permit you to control the technologies utilized by these third-party companies. For more information, see below.
WHAT BILLMO DOES WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Financial companies choose how they share your personal information, whether you send money, receive money, or we otherwise collect information about you. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share, and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
WHAT INFORMATION BILLMO COLLECTS
The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the services you have with us. This information can include, without limitation:
- Government identification numbers, such as driver’s license, state identification, passport, visa, Social Security or tax identification number
- Name, address, email address, mobile and home telephone number
- Account balances and transaction history
- Credit and payment history and information
- Bank account or debit/credit card account information
- Computer and mobile device information such as the domain and host you use to access the Internet; your computer’s IP address; mobile device geolocation, number and other information from and about your device (such as device properties, settings, applications, stored information and usage) and carrier; the browser and operating system software you use; social profile and network information; the date and time you access our website and the Internet address used to link to our website when you visit us
You consent to our collection, transfer and storage of information by computers or other transfer or storage devices in the United States and elsewhere.
HOW BILLMO USES YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All financial companies need to share customers’ and consumers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ and consumers’ personal information; the reasons BillMo LLC chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
Reasons BillMo can share your personal information
- For our everyday business purposes: such as to process your transactions; detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; maintain your account(s); respond to court orders and legal investigations; report to credit bureaus; gather information about website access, usage and performance; enhance your consumer experience; validate your creditworthiness or your identity; or as otherwise permitted or required by law
- For our marketing purposes: such as to offer our products and services to you or notify you about future events and promotions
- For joint marketing with other financial companies
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes: such as information about your transactions and experiences
You cannot limit BillMo’s sharing of your information for the above reasons.
BillMo does not share your personal information for the following reasons:
- For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes such as information about your creditworthiness
- For our affiliates to market to you
- For non-affiliates to market to you
Why can’t I limit all sharing?
Federal law gives you the right to limit only the following:
- sharing information about your creditworthiness with affiliates for their everyday business purposes
- sharing information with affiliates to market to you
- sharing information for non-affiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing.
How does BillMo LLC protect my personal information?
To help protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we endeavor to use reasonable security measures. These measures can include physical, electronic and procedural safeguards such as computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. We also endeavor to limit personal information access to only employees, agents and representatives that need to know. Despite our efforts, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access your transmissions to us or may wrongly instruct you to disclose information to them by posing as BillMo LLC or by misinforming you about our services. Always use caution and good judgment when sending money and when using Internet and mobile technologies.
How does BillMo LLC collect my personal information?
We collect your personal information, for example, when you:
- Send or receive money, complete a payment or use or request other products or services from us or other financial companies
- Submit information to us on applications or other forms and by other means
use or visit our or other online sites (for example, to complete a transaction, manage your accounts, or provide your choices)
- Enter a promotion or join a loyalty program
- Use our mobile app or internet sites, such as www.BillMo.com
We also collect information about you from a variety of sources, including without limitation, computer systems and mobile devices; third party sources such as our business clients, government agencies, and other suppliers of information; and consumer reporting agencies.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and non-financial companies.
Non-affiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be financial and nonfinancial companies. For example, we may disclose information about current and former consumers and customers to third parties, including without limitation: financial service providers such as BillMo LLC agents or authorized delegates that offer our services; banks, credit card companies, brokerage houses, mortgage lenders, mortgage originators and other financial companies, including for Joint Marketing purposes; non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers, auto dealers, utility companies, membership clubs and other providers of goods and services; government agencies; and otherwise as permitted or required by law.
We may also disclose information to companies that perform marketing services for us or other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing arrangements.
Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
State or Other Governmental Privacy Laws: We will comply with state or other governmental privacy laws, such as the laws of the United States and Mexico, to the extent they apply to BillMo LLC services.
Online Activities: We do not honor any Web browser “do not track” signals or other mechanisms that provide you the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services. In addition, other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use our website or any of our services.
Children’s Privacy: Our website is not directed at children under the age of 18. BillMo LLC does not knowingly collect or maintain information at our website from persons under the age of 18.
External Web Sites: Our website may be linked to or from third party websites. BillMo LLC is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of websites that are linked to or from our website.
Cookies: Some of our web pages may contain “cookies,” or data which are sent to your web browser and stored on your computer.
Advertising on Third Party Sites: BillMo LLC may use one or more third-party advertising service providers to display our advertising on third-party sites to users who may have an interest in our products, services or promotions. If you visit our site or show interest in our products, we may use those providers to serve banner ads or other advertising to you when you are on other sites. Those providers may use information such as web pages visited, search keywords entered, your activities on our site, or your responsiveness or interest in our email promotions to make that determination. To learn more about the use of this information or to make choices about receiving personalized advertising provided by third parties, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
BillMo LLC also allows third parties (affiliates or non-affiliates) to collect personal information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our website or service.
E-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 1-888-870-3912 or visit our website at www.BillMo.com. Our physical address is BillMo LLC, 765 Straits Turnpike, Middlebury, CT 06762